Skip to content
- Find an agent – A qualified agent can help you through all of the steps of selling your house.
It is to your advantage and to theirs to get you the best price possible. Take some time and interview agents, ask them questions, and find the one that is right for you.
- Know the value of your home – Fill out a comparative market analysis and give your real estate agent any other information that can help them make the proper assessment of your property.
- It is also helpful to use a website such as zillow.com to do your own initial analysis so that you know what homes in your area are selling for.
- Start watching TV – No kidding. There are a lot of great shows on HGTV and DIY that will show you how to prepare and stage your home. Watching these programs can give you an idea of the before and after transformations of homes on the market.
- Stage it for the buyers not yourself – Any sentimental value that you place on your home has no bearing on the new buyer. Remember that your pricing is affected by the market, condition of the home, etc., not if your children grew up there.
- Offer Extras – If you are having difficulty selling your home try offering extras such as a one year home warranty (about $500 in most areas).
- Curb Appeal – It is said that most people make a ‘No’ decision within the first 10 seconds of walking into a home.
Focus your efforts on enhancing your home’s curb appeal and entry.